On Your Feet Retreats
On Your Feet Foundation’s birthparent retreats started nearly 20 years ago and are among the longest running and most consistent anywhere in the country.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our retreats are run “for birthparents by birthparents;” meaning that every single person at the retreat, whether a facilitator or participant, has given birth to a child and placed that child for adoption. Our retreats are the one place where everyone understands each other because they have lived the same life-changing experience.
- We stay in one large house together, bunk beds and all! By spending all of our time together (talking, eating, working, dancing, laughing and, yes, even crying) we leave feeling like one big family!
- We meet you where you are: angry, happy, hurt, relieved, in pain… and potentially all of those in the span of 5 minutes. We accept and acknowledge the hard emotions. They are real.
- We stay connected long after the retreat ends – ensuring that when you leave, not only do you have a community of other birthparents to continue with you on your journey; our retreat and case management staff will follow up to ensure that you have the support you need, including access to adoption-competent counseling, if needed.
When Are Retreats Held
- A small retreat in the early Spring capped at 10 attendees
- A larger retreat in the Fall capped at 15 attendees
- A special retreat with rotating topics (Closed/Reunion, Birth/Adoptive Parent, Veteran)
Our retreats have been described as, “The best kept secret in adoption!” by Ashley Mitchell, birthmom and founder of Knee to Knee birthmom support groups.
Our Director of Retreat Programming, Vicki Twomey has been involved with On Your Feet’s retreats from the very beginning, starting out as attendee herself! Over the last 18 years, she has attended and run more than 50 retreats included our virtual retreats launched in 2020. In fact, she still attends retreats as a participant from time to time! All of our facilitators are not only birthparents, but also start out as attendees at our retreats themselves - living this experience alongside all of you. This is what makes On Your Feet's birthmom retreats such meaningful and unique experiences for all who attend.
How Much Does It Cost
On Your Feet subsidizes the cost of each retreat, making them accessible to anyone who would like to attend. This enables us to maintain a low registration fee per participant: $25 for Virtual Retreats; $100 for Traditional Retreats; $150 for Veteran Retreats; $300/team for Birth & Adoptive Parent Retreats. This fee includes two nights lodging, meals during the in-person retreat and all materials. This does not cover transportation to or from the retreat; however, need-based grants are available to help with the cost of the retreat and our staff can help you make travel arrangements, find car pools, etc.
Early Spring Virtual Retreat | February 12th-13th
Spring Love Virtual Retreat | April 9th-10th
Summer Love Virtual Retreat | June 25th-26th
Fall Love In-Person Retreat | September 24th-26th
Registration is now CLOSED for our Fall Love In-Person Retreat. Stay tuned for our 2022 Virtual and In-Person Retreat dates!
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to attend any in-person retreats or events offered by On Your Feet Foundation. We continue to monitor the situation and will make decisions that are in the best interests of our staff and clients and in accordance with state, federal, CDC and WHO recommendations. Please see our Covid Policy for Returning to In-Person Activities here.
You are also welcome to connect with our birthmom community via our 7 monthly Zoom calls that are open to any birthmother, anywhere. Stay tuned and stay healthy!